roanw1 said: Hello sir, I've read your post about Curing Piles with Guava, but can you tell me what other things can we do to cure and prevent further Hemorrhoids?
The most important food remedy for piles is dry figs. Three or four figs should be soaked overnight in water after cleansing them thoroughly in hot water. They should be taken first thing in the morning along with water in which they were soaked. They should also be taken in the evening in a similar manner. This treatment should be continued for three or four weeks. The tiny seeds of the fruit possess an excellent quality of stimulating peristaltic movements of intestines. This facilitates easy evacuation of feces and keeps the alimentary canal clean.The pressure on the anus having thus been relieved, the hemorrhoids also get contracted.
The jambul (jamun) fruit is another effective food remedy for bleeding piles. The fruit should be taken with salt every morning for two or three months in its season. The use of the fruit in this manner in every season will effect a radical cure and save the user from bleeding piles during his / her entire life.
The above extract is from a book by H. K. Bakhru
Bio Combination - 17 (BC-17) is another effective remedy. You can purchase it from any Homeopathic store. The dosage will be five pellets taken thrice in a day.
vimalkoul said: Hi , I am curious to know if there is some solution to shatika pain in the leg . What is the reason and solution . Or you have to live with this avoiding cross leg sitting or other postures causing symptoms or pain. Also how can we handle high BP without medication thru yoga . When we talk about mudras what you do after making a mudra meditate in that pose or do breathing exercises or what exactly helps ......... Sorry lot of questions in one shot !!
Sciatica pain is a sudden and intense pain that runs through back of the leg. The reason for its origination is the nerve root that gets unnatural pressure from displaced spinal disc. Sciatica pain is common in people with weak back muscles and misaligned spinal column.
- The poor condition of back muscles is due to sedentary lifestyle. Sedentary lifestyle contributes to obesity and constipated intestine. The back muscles have to bear the extra weight of fat and water (fluid retention) that forms the abdomen. Constipation aggravates the problem. The undigested food ferments inside the intestine. This creates excessive intestinal gas and an unbalanced vata in the body. The inflammation of intestines due to excessive gas builds pressure on nerves and veins that lengthens from spine to the legs.
- The advent of furniture is another major cause. Chairs and Sofa promote poor posture and induce weakness of the back muscles. You cannot maintain a straight and strong back for even short period of time while sitting on a chair or sofa. This causes your neck and shoulder muscles to compensate for the poor posture by tightening up to prevent us from slouching excessively.
The first step is to get rid of all the debris accumulated inside the intestine. The patient should take some natural laxative in the beginning (Triphala / Avpattikar Churna / Nityam Churna or whatever is available in your geographical region). Apana mudra will also help relieve the constipation. Follow it as instructed in the link. Once the patient is cured of constipation, the recurrence and intensity of pain subsides as vata element starts getting balanced. For better digestion, the patient can chew 1 tablet of Chitrakadi Vati (if available) before each meal.
The second step is to strengthen back muscles. Start learning Yoga Asanas. The back bending postures help in elongating the spine and releasing constricting gaps between the discs. During sciatica, the patient should not sit cross legged and avoid all forward bending asanas. Back massage with sesame oil will strengthen the back muscles.
The diet should be devoid of all the food substances that causes digestive disturbance and are hard to digest. This includes fried potato in any form (McCann, Potato Chips), all form of rice (except Basmati), beans (baked, gravy based), bakery products made of white flour, soft drinks, ice creams and specifically milk. You can take Yogurt with pepper instead of milk. But initially avoid Yogurt too.
Following this and by reducing weight around the abdomen, the sciatica can be cured. There are medicines in Ayurvedic system that brings down inflammation and vata element, but they are only effective once the lifestyle is altered.
For Blood Pressure you can check my previous post. Refer link.
You can refer this link for your query related to mudras.
But what are we so worried about?
Are we really going to miss a major news event? No. Unless we pack up and move to the mountains major news will find us. So is it that we’re worried about not finding out in real-time? Who cares if you find out in the first minute that Nelson Mandela has died. What matters is that he’s gone. Whether it takes you 30 seconds to find out or a day, the loss is the same.
But we need to know. And, more than ever, we need to know in real time. It’s like we’re in a race with our friends to see who of us can find out news first and share it in our circle first.
Well, that’s a race I don’t want to win.
It’s not just news. It’s the rebirth of Yellow Journalism, where everyone wants to stir emotion more than inform. Everyone wants your eyes and, more importantly, your clicks. Traffic matters. And every day the competition for our attention starts all over again. It’s toxic to us.
- Shane Parish
mauraurora said: Hello, Do you recommend any mudras for managing lumbar scoliosis? Much Thanks, MM
While researching on lumber scoliosis, I found an appropriate solution for your problem. Refer the link. Apart from practicing Malasana and Anjali mudra as described and illustrated in the link, you should also practice Surabhi Mudra. Surabhi mudra is difficult to hold but with practice you can increase the holding time. It helps in relieving stiffness and pain related to rheumatism or vata disorders.
tiakiah said: Hello. I am 19 years old and I am underweight. My height is 173 cm and my weight is 53 kg. it is not the question of diets, because i eat nutritional food (very often with protein). Another thing is that I pretty often feel myself insecure and sort of fearful. I think that such feelings may come from my weight deficiency. Can you suggest something for me to solve my problem of low weight and insecurity? I want to gain weight as soon as possible, and get rid of insecurity. Thank you.
I will suggest a biochemic remedy for you. Start taking Natrum Muriaticum 6x every day. The dosage will be five pellets three times in a day. You can find this remedy at any Homeopathic store. Keep consuming it for a month. Continue consuming it for three more months if you see indications of weight gain and reduction in feelings of insecurity. Moreover, eat a healthy meal. Shun or avoid any activity that causes guilt, shame or repentance.
If possible get your thyroid checked. T3, T4, TSH are the recommended test for evaluating thyroid levels. Your weight issues may be related to hyperthyroidism. If tests come out positive, then you have to see a good endocrinologist. Natrum Muriaticum here again, helps in arresting hyperthyroidism. So you can continue it even if you start with regular thyroid treatment.
Monsoon is probably the most awaited season in tropical countries. Countries in South Asia receive monsoon rains from June. The monsoon clouds recede in September bringing the cool fall season to its beginning. Monsoon brings joy but as everything reside in polarity so is the state of health. This is the period of great caution as several ailments related to digestion, microbial infection and disturbed heat exchange inside the body brings distress.
The digestive fire is weak in monsoon season. This causes ailments attributed to poor digestion. Flatulence, body ache, joints pain, muscular pain, fever, skin disorders, gastro intestinal infections, constipation, cough, cold, mosquito borne ailments are common in this season.
Here are few precautions and tips that makes this season a delight. Following these helps in thwarting the common ailments.
- Wear full bodied neat and breathable cotton clothes. Full bodied clothes protect body from temperature fluctuations and insect / mosquito bites. Wear light colored pastel shades as dark colors attract insects and mosquitoes.
- Keep cream or water based mosquito repellent handy. Apply it on arms, hands, feet and neck before going to places like local parks, basement car parking and places where chances of mosquito presence is high.
- Avoid sleeping during the day and being awake at night. Avoid sleeping in the open.
- Avoid excessive workout and stressful work.
- Avoid swimming in the pools, river and under waterfalls.
- Do not bathe in rain for too long.
- Oil massage and light workout is beneficial in this season.
- Drink boiled water twice or thrice in a day.
- The following foods are beneficial during this season. Ginger, garlic, lemon, mint, coriander, dry ginger, asafetida, carom seeds, sorghum, cucumber, bottle gourd, pumpkin, jamun (jambul), papaya, cow’s ghee, rock salt, black pepper and sesame oil.
- The following foods are harmful during this season. Milk and cream based products (pastries, cakes, yogurt, and all hardened milk based sweets), confectionary, sprouts, soft drinks, ice creams, maida (white flour), and bakery products. Cut Fruits and water based preparations from street vendors are equally susceptible. Fried foods, heavy gravy based preparations and non-vegetarian food should be avoided in this season.
chandrang said: Hi Himanshu, I am trying to lose weight, for which i joined the gym and lost around 10kgs within 3 months. Later i couldn't continue due to work timing which made me gain back those kilos again. I have tried most of the things from diet to high intensity exercise, all failed. Especially around the waist. Is there a way for a specific diet or exercise which can burn away those fat and prevent in future too. TIA
I appreciate your dedication. As you are aware that there are no shortcuts in achieving anything; you should plan your exercise schedule once again. Instead of going for longer duration, divide your workout in two slots of 20 minute each. I recommend that you should learn Surya Namaskar sequence. After 5 minutes of warm-up, spend 10 minutes in doing 4 sequences of Surya Namaskar. Spend last 5 minutes to cool down in Shavasana. If you can spare 5 minutes in the morning to do Kapalbhati pranayama, the effect will be amplified. Kapalbhati helps in shedding fat from abdominal region. And more so, you have to take care of your diet. Eat in moderation at prescribed meal time. Do not indulge in binge eating.
The result will be a world population with a large majority of people on the edge of madness, somehow functioning in a haze where past, present and future form a chaotic soup (have you checked out your Facebook feed lately?) of drunken perspective shifts.
This is already starting to happen. Instead of a newspaper feeding us daily doses of a shared Field, we get a nauseating mix of news from forgotten classmates, slogan-placards about issues trivial and grave, revisionist histories coming at us via a million political voices, the future as a patchwork quilt of incoherent glimpses, all mixed in with pictures of cats doing improbable things.
"Stopping ears by pressing and the rectum by contracting, enter the sound of sound."
— Vigyan Bhairav Tantra