Awareness is the key
Awareness is essential for enjoying and deriving benefits from any asana. Asana without awareness is mere calorie burning exercise. Here are few tips to enhance awareness while doing any yogasana
- Close your eyes while doing any yoga asana. Closing the eyes directs the minds inwards and removes wandering thoughts. Beginners can do yoga asanas with open eyes.
- Be aware of the breath. Whenever it enters the nostrils, feel the breath touching the palette and feel its presence in throat while exhaling.
- Stabilize the body after reaching the final position. Stay in the pose with poise and stability for 30 seconds or till the time you feel comfortable.
- Movements in yoga asana should be slow and artistic. Violence with body or mind is not recommended in yogic discipline.
- Advanced practitioners must concentrate on chakra associated with particular yoga asana. For example, you can take your awareness to throat Chakra (Vishuddhi) while doing Matsyasana