gem77 said: Hi, I was wondering if you had any ideas on the Mudras and/or yoga positions that would be helpful for Fibroids? Also any other information that would be helpful. Thank you. Gem
Fibroids are caused by imbalance of Kapha and Pitta in the body. The slow moving Kapha in the pelvic region along with hormonal imbalance causes repeated occurrence of fibroids. Yoga as a rescuer can help a fibroid patient. The patient must learn Yoga under the guidance of a qualified Yoga teacher. All the asanas involving pelvic stretching and twisting are helpful in this condition. To be specific, Surya Namaskar, bhujangasana, shalabhasana and dhanurasana will be immensely helpful. Sarvangasana and halasana will cure any hormonal imbalance. Apana mudra must be practiced to purify the body of toxins in this condition.
On medicine part, any Ayurvedic formulation with tridosha shamak (balancing of vata, pitta and kapha) effect will be appropriate. The patient must take 1 teaspoon of Triphala Churna with warm water once a day. Triphala can also be taken in tablet form. Chandraprabha Vati again if taken daily (2 tablets once a day with hot water) will help in removal of toxins from uterus.
rajat2805 said: Hi himanshu I have been suffering from chronic Sinusites for almost a year now. I feel pressure behind my eyes and always have heavy eyelids. I consulted a doctor few months back who says its due to allergies after conducting some blood tests and X-ray scans. I have been on anti allergic medicines for the past 2 months. Please advice how to get rid of this problem in a more natural way. I have desk job in an MNC. Thanks Rajat
Sinusitis is inflammation of nasal cavities due to excessive release of histamines produced as a result of allergic reaction to dust, pollen and gastric gases. Doctors usually prescribe anti-allergic medication to counter production of histamines. This includes tablets, nasal sprays and syrups containing levocetirizine, Fexofenadine HCl or Montelukast. These medications have side effects that can wreck your body in long run. Even on day to day basis, medicines containing levocitrizine simply saps your energy. You feel lethargic and depressed.
Sinusitis is curable provided you change your lifestyle and take necessary precautions. Here is how you should approach.
- Stop any anti-allergic medication which has levocitrizine or citrizine as a constituent. You can take Allegra 120mg (Fexofenadine HCl) as SOS. A single tablet once a day is what is prescribed. You can take it during change of season or when you are exposed to excessive dust or pollution. Allegra is much safer than other medications and it doesn’t rob you of energy.
- I have mentioned the effects of over consumption of salt on body in my last post on High Blood Pressure. Do read that. The advice applies to people suffering from Sinusitis. High salt consumption acts upon the mucus membranes of the breathing tracts. High salt consumption causes repeated sneezing, frequent colds and loss of the related senses of taste and smell. When over consumption continues for long periods, these symptoms actualize into chronic Coryza, swelling of the nasal mucus membranes, catarrh of the breathing tracts, nervous coughs and asthma.
- The next thing you have to do is regular lubrication of nasal cavities. Read my post of nasal lubrication (Refer link)
- Now the mudras. Do Apana mudra for 30 minutes in the morning (Refer link). This will detoxify your body and improve bowel movement. Clean intestine will reduce heat in the digestive system thereby curing sinusitis by up to 50%.
- Start a fitness routine. The minimum you can do is 15 minute walk in the morning and playing badminton for 20-30 minutes.
- I would recommend that you should start learning Yoga. Surya Namaskara, Bhujangasana and Adho Mukha Svanasana will cure your problem. You can join a Yoga class for couple of months and then continue the practice by yourself.
- Try to have your evening meal before 7pm. Eat roughage and fresh fruits for preventing constipation.
- Take 1 tablet of Cod Liver Oil with your breakfast meal and chew 1 tablet of Vitamin C 500 mg daily. This will build your immunity in long run.
Do write back once you start getting better. I will prescribe some Bio Chemic and Ayurvedic remedies that will strengthen your system against allergens.