nryong said: Help me with a mudra for grey hair and wrinkles please
Viparita Karani mudra can help you, as this mudra is known to reverse the ageing. I have tested its efficacy and seen grey hair disappear in a period of time. The color and texture of fading hair reverses to black if this mudra is practiced every day without fail. Viparita Karani, or legs up against the wall pose, is a milder version of actual Viparita Karani, but provides the same benefits as the full version.
The method is simple. You have to raise your legs against the wall and hold the position for at least 15 minutes. Keep a firm pillow under your buttocks, so as to raise the level of your navel above the level of your heart. You can keep the legs slanting if you cannot keep it perpendicular in first attempt. While, returning back, the pillow has to be removed from side. The return movement needs to be slow. You can do it in morning after your regular exercise session and also in the evening (make sure your stomach is not full). You can even do this on your bed. People with serious eye problems, High Blood Pressure and chronic back ache should avoid this mudra. It will take few months before you start seeing the magic.
Further, you have to plug other factors that are responsible for premature greying and wrinkling. Here are few tips for you.
- Greying is caused by dry scalp. Apply any pure oil (almond, olive) on your scalp every day and gently massage your hair with it. Oil creates a layer between your hair and outside air. This protects the hair from dry air-conditioned air, solar radiation, air pollutants and other corrosive substances present in the air.
- Your diet should be rich in essential minerals especially Iron and proteins. So take care of what you are eating.
- For wrinkles, again, massage dry skin with pure oils (almond, sesame, olive) and do away with synthetic lotions.
- Harsh soaps and shampoos must be avoided. You can try soaps and shampoos available for infants. They are mild and have balanced PH.
- You should also practice Prithvi mudra. 15 minutes a day is sufficient.